Credit Evaluation

It is the prerogative of the UF college to which the student is applying to determine how transfer credit satisfies the specific degree's course requirements. Courses from Florida public community colleges and State University System schools generally adhere to the Statewide Course Numbering System. If the prefix (first three letters) and the last three digits of the course number are the same, then the course is considered equivalent.

Using Transferology to Check Credits

Prospective UF Students:

  • Once logged in, click the "Will my courses transfer?" button.
  • Enter the school name where you have taken or plan to take course(s).
  • Enter the term and year of when the course was taken or will be taken.
  • Enter the course prefix and select the course you have taken or plan to take.
  • After you have entered all your courses, click "Search for Matches" button.
  • If any "Maybe" courses appear, click "Contact the school for more information" to request a course evaluation or more information about the school.

Current UF Students:

  • Once logged in, click the "Find a Replacement Course" button.
  • Once logged in, click the "Find a Replacement Course" button Enter University of Florida and the term in which you wish to take the course(s).
  • Enter the course prefix and select the desired course(s).
  • Click "Search for Matches" button.

Credit for Military Service

The University of Florida may award UF credit for military experience and/or coursework to admitted students. The type and amount of credit awarded depends on the veteran's record. Most credit will only count toward electives.

If your credit is from military coursework reported on either a Joint Services Transcript or a Community College of the Air Force transcript, then you will need to submit an official transcript to UF to be reviewed. Most military coursework is vocational and not applicable toward a UF degree so it is not added automatically. However, after being admitted you can work with your academic advisor to determine whether any credit should be added and used toward your degree. For information regarding ordering your military transcripts, reference the website for the American Council on Education.

If you are interested in receiving credit for military experience that is not reported on a transcript, contact the UF Office of Veteran Services at 352-294-2948 or After admission, they can conduct an evaluation to determine whether credit can be awarded from your experience and they will need a copy of your DD-214.