You are eligible to apply as a transfer student if you:

  • Have completed an Associate of Arts degree from a Florida public institution or at least 60 transferable semester credit hours from a regionally accredited institution. If your school uses the quarter system, you must have completed 90 quarter hours.
  • Can show competency in a foreign language. You can do this by providing a high school transcript showing you completed two years of the same foreign language or by completing the second level of a foreign language course.
  • If you speak a foreign language, you can show proficiency by taking a CLEP exam or providing an official letter stating that you are fluent from a professor who teaches that language. If you have questions, contact the Office of Admissions.
  • Have a minimum 2.0 overall GPA and a minimum 2.0 GPA from your last attended institution, as calculated by UF.
  • Have completed or will complete specific requirements for your intended major before attending UF. UF college websites provide more information about their requirements or contact them directly to be sure that you meet all of their requirements. Note: As a transfer student, you are not eligible to take your prerequisite classes at UF. These must be completed prior to your enrollment.
  • You are in good standing and eligible to return to any institution previously attended.

You are NOT eligible to apply if you:

  • Have less than 60 semester credit hours or have already completed a bachelor's degree. In this case, you should consider applying for a UF Online Program or to one of UF's graduate, professional or postbaccalaureate programs.


Can I apply before I have completed all requirements?

Yes, as long as you indicate on your application that you will meet all requirements before the term to which you are applying. Therefore, you cannot complete required pre-requisites here at UF.

Can I transfer to UF without declaring a major?

No, all transfer students must declare a major on the application.

Can I apply for two majors simultaneously?

No, transfer students may only be considered for one major for any given term.

If I am admitted into a major, can I then decide to change majors?

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to change your major after being admitted.

If I will graduate high school with my AA degree or 60 college credits, should I apply as a transfer student?

Students receiving their high school diploma and an Associate of Arts degree (A.A.) from a Florida College System (FCS) or State University (SUS) institution at the same time should complete the freshman application. If we are unable to offer you admission at the freshman level, you will be provided with the opportunity to have your application reconsidered as an upper-division transfer. Students admitted via transfer admission may have their offer of admission rescinded if they do not complete the required prerequisites and A.A. degree prior to enrollment. Note: Students who opt-in to be considered as an upper-division transfer student will not be required to submit official SAT or ACT scores.