2019 Open House
Rising 12th graders are invited to UF's 2019 Open House to learn more about UF admissions requirements, majors, financial aid, and the Student Self-Reported Academic Record. This once-a-year event provides prospective applicants a comprehensive overview of the services and resources available to students, a glimpse of campus life, access to academic guidance and opportunities for college planning. Students must register for this event. Don't delay. Registration will close Wednesday, July 17, or when capacity is full.
- Who's Invited: Rising 12th graders and two guests
- When: Saturday, July 27, 2019
- Where: J. W. Reitz Student Union, 686 Museum Road, Gainesville, FL 32611
- Parking: Visitors can park in the J.W. Reitz Union parking garage at the Welcome Center.Opens in new windowParking is available Friday, July 26, after 5:00 p.m. and is free all day Saturday and Sunday. Additional parking is available across from the Welcome Center entrance on Museum Road.
- Which Colleges/Departments/Organizations will be there: Our list of college and campus-partner participants has not been finalized. This information will be provided closer to the event's opening.
- Program times: Morning Program: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; Afternoon Program: 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Registration/Check-in times: Morning Program: 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.; Afternoon Program: 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Optional Activities: An engagement fair, information sessions, and facility tours will be scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for both morning and afternoon programs.
- Registration Options: You can choose to attend one of two mirrored open house programs in either the morning or the afternoon.
1. Who can attend the Open House?
Rising high school seniors may register for Open House.
2. Do I have to register for the Open House?
Yes! All high school students who want to attend UF's Open House will need to register for the event.
3. Do my guests have to register for Open House?
No. Guests do not need to register for Open House. Each registration includes two guests.
4. Can I change or cancel my registration?
You may change your registration by the "registration close date" as long as the new time that you want is available. Change your registration by returning to your initial confirmation email and click on the link found in the "Can I change or cancel my registration" FAQ. If you want to adjust the number of guests in your party, select "edit" registration. Select "cancel" if you want to cancel your registration. If you want to register for a different program time, you must check the availability of the alternate program time at the registration link. If available, first cancel your initial registration before registering for the new program time. Once you receive your cancellation confirmation email, it will contain detailed instructions on how to register for a new time. Only one registration can be held at a time per prospective student.
5. When does registration close?
Registration closes Wednesday, July 17, 2019, or sooner if sessions fill to capacity.
6. Is there a waitlist? Can I register after registration closes or after a date reaches capacity?
We strongly encourage invitees to register early before their preferred time fills to capacity. In the event that your preferred time for Open House fills up, a waitlist option will appear. Complete the information to be placed on the waitlist. If a vacancy occurs, the system will register and notify you of your new registration. You will not be able to register after July 17, when registration closes. If you have not made it to the top of the waitlist by the "registration close date", your name will be placed on a list for walk-in attendance in the order received. You must check-in at the check-in/registration table no later than 15 minutes after registration begins for the time of your intended program in order to keep your first-in-line position. If a waitlist option does not appear for you, this signifies that the waitlist is full. If there are no waitlist spaces, check out our other ways to visit campus.
7. Are walk-in registrations accepted for Open House?
Attendance can be only guaranteed for invitees who have registered. Walk-ins will be only allowed after confirming at the check-in/registration table on the day of the event. Prospective walk-ins should arrive no later than 15 minutes after registration begins for the time of the intended program. Once the registration manager determines there is available space, you may participate in the program. If you are a walk-in attendee, some complimentary items may not be available.
8. Okay I'm registered, what next?
Thank you for registering for Open House! On Saturday, July 27, 2019, we will begin check in from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. You will receive a confirmation email approximately one to three days prior to the event that will contain more detailed information, such as what to expect after you arrive and parking information.
9. What should I expect from Open House?
At this year's Open House, students will be able to meet with representatives from different colleges, participate in the college engagement fair, have opportunities for photo ops with Albert and/or Alberta, go on a self-guided campus tour and other facility tours, and attend information sessions from different departments.
10. What do I wear?
It is usually very hot and humid in Gainesville, FL. Dress comfortably to adjust to changes in temperature from the outside heat to the air conditioned buildings. Remember to pack an umbrella and wear comfortable shoes.
11. Will there be campus tours available?
There will be no structured campus tours offered, but you can go on a self-guided tour of the campus. Each guest will be provided a self-guided tour map upon arrival.
12. Are there other visiting opportunities to your university?
Yes, there are. Here are some other opportunities for you to visit our campus and see what the Gator Nation has to offer.
If you are unable to visit during one of our organized event days, please note that we have an open campus which means that visitors are welcomed anytime. You may visit any office building during business hours.