2018 Open House
Rising 9th-12th graders are invited to UF's 2018 Open House to learn more about UF admissions requirements, UF majors, financial aid, and the Student Self-Reported Academic Record. This once-a-year event provides prospective applicants a comprehensive overview of the services and resources available to students, a glimpse of campus life, access to academic guidance and opportunities for college planning. Students must register for this event. Don't delay. Registration will close when capacity is full.
- Who's Invited: Rising 9th-12th graders and one adult guest
- When: Saturday, July 28, 2018
- Check in: Begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Program run time: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Facility tours: Begin at 9 a.m.
- College Engagement Fair: Begins at 9 a.m.
- Where: Stephen C. O'Connell Center, 250 Gale Lemerand Dr., Gainesville, FL 32611
Thank you for your interest in our 2018 Summer Open House. At this time registration for this event has ended. If you have any questions, please call 352-392-9960 or email email@example.com
1. Who can attend the Open House?
High school students grades 9-12 may register for Open House.
2. Do I have to register for the Open House?
Yes! All high school students attending the open house must register for the event.
3. Does my parent/legal guardian or younger siblings have to register for Open House?
No. Parents/legal guardians do not need to register for Open House. Each student registration includes one guest.
4. I registered for the Open House and can no longer attend. How do I cancel my registration?
If you are no longer able to attend Open House, you can cancel your registration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the first and last name of the student registered in your email.
5. When does registration close?
Registration will remain open until we have reached capacity or on July 18, 2018 at 10am.
6. Okay, I've registered. What's next?
Open House check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. The program runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. As we move closer to the event date, you will receive a confirmation email, additional information, and the itinerary for the program
7. What should I expect from Open House?
Students will be able to meet with representatives from different colleges, participate in the college enhancement fair, have opportunities for photo ops with Albert and Alberta, go on a self-guided campus tour, attend information sessions from different departments on the campus and go on some facility tours of the participating colleges.
8. What do I wear?
Summer in Gainesville can be hot and humid, with occasional afternoon rain. Dress comfortably to adjust to changes in temperature from outside heat to air conditioned buildings. Pack an umbrella and wear comfortable shoes.
9. Will there be campus tours available?
Official campus tours are only offered Monday- Friday through the Welcome Center. Therefore for the Saturday Open House event, self-guided tour maps will be provided upon arrival for those interested in touring the campus for themselves
10. Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Contact us at 352-392-9960 or email email@example.com.